While shower drains are infinitely useful in a busy home, they can be fickle. Hair, soap scum, and small, foreign objects may become lodged over time. If you have children, that time frame quickens. The best thing you, as a homeowner, can do is to handle a clogged shower drain promptly. The longer you wait, the more potential damage to the drainage system. Drain clogs worsen over time, after all.
When a persistent clog rears its ugly head, many homeowners reach for the closest cleaning product in their closet. Plumbing snakes have also become quite common in households. We recommend avoiding common cleaning products. The chemicals included in that bottle may do more harm than good. And a cleaning snake typically punches a hole through the clog, leaving behind traces.
Nothing beats the power of a plunger!
Proper Plunging Techniques
Most of us will claim to know how to properly handle a plunger. Most of us are wrong, though. Here’s what to do:
- First, remove the overflow plate and drain mechanism.
- Inspect the interior to locate and potentially remove the clog.
- To plunge effectively, stop up the overflow opening using a wet rag.
- Fill the shower with a little water – enough to cover the bottom of the plunger.
- Plunge using a forceful upward and downward technique.
- Lift the plunger to check if the water is draining quickly; if not, continue plunging.
Call a Plumber
If all else fails, contact a local plumber. Most plumbing services will have the tools and techniques readily available to handle a pesky clog in just one visit. bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Phoenix-Scottsdale is an experienced choice, known for ridding homes of persistent clogs with ease!
To schedule drain cleaning service, contact bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Phoenix-Scottsdale by calling 602-362-9165 today. We’ll send an expert plumber to your doorstep, equipped to handle any drainage clog, no matter the size!